[mapguide-users] How to connect oracle by using Mapguide Maestro

Bernhard Maehler bernhard.maehler at gmx.de
Mon May 15 10:28:20 PDT 2017

sorry, but I am a little bit confused about the description of your operating
system and version of MapGuide.

In your first post (May 03, 2017) you mentioned:
Machine 1: MG Open Source 2.6 and Maestro
Machine 2: Oracle 11g r2

Second post (May 04, 2017):
Machine 1(Windows Server 2012 R2): Oracle 11g r2 32bit installed
Machine 2(Windows Server 2008 R2): MG Open Source 2.6 and Maestro 5.1
Installed

Did you install the 32-bit or 64-bit version of MapGuide Server?
In case you have installed the 64-bit version of MapGuide Server, you also
need to install the 64-bit version of Oracle Client.

Furthermore (see third screenshot from your post on May 14, 2017), consider
that MapGuide 2.6 is built against the FDO 3.9 branch.
FDO 4.0 is not supported for MapGuide 2.6!

I am not sure but I suspect that the problem is the wrong version of the FDO
Provider or a client/server incompatibility between 32 bit and 64 bit
platforms.

Bernhard