[mapguide-users] New test build of Fusion

Sebastiao Francisco Rodrigues sebafr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 07:11:49 PDT 2018

Hello, people!
The problem came back because of Google!
They do not pity us !!!!
When you call the google map api you can establish a version that you want.
In this way we understood that as Mapguide worked in version 3.31, we were
guaranteed forever ... Well, here is a song that says that forever, always
ends ... because it's over!
The policy of api versions of Google maps and I believe the others too,
eliminating these very old versions as the new ones come up ... anyway, now
the oldest available is version 3.32 where Mapguide did not work right.

There was an effort by Jackie to review and create version 3.1.1 of
Mapguide and then immediately released a Fusion patch (available on the
installation page) that would solve this issue.

But now, testing better I noticed that in this review there was a problem,
which is an easy solution (in theory):
Jackie I believe you would just review the following code fragment from
fusion.js for the code corrected below:

Array.prototype.find = function(searchStr) {
  var returnArray = null;
  for (i=0; i<this.length; i++) {
    if (typeof(searchStr) == 'function') {
      if (typeof(searchStr.test) == 'function') {
        if (searchStr.test(this[i])) {
          if (!returnArray) { returnArray = [] }
          returnArray.push(i);
       }
      }
    } else {
      if (this[i]===searchStr) {
        if (!returnArray) { returnArray = [] }
        returnArray.push(i);
      }
    }
  }
  return returnArray;
};

In the original version only this 'if' and '&&' was modified by two 'ifs'

    if (typeof(searchStr) == 'function' && typeof(searchStr.test) ==
'function') {

I think the javascript ends up testing both sides, and in the second part
of 'and' gives error. This way it is not necessary to inform the version of
the api of google map in the call of mapguide. If you request an old
version that does not exist, google api generates a retiredversion message
and assumes the oldest version available. No further
Seba