[mapguide-users] Server-Side mapagent maxFeatures parameter

kshippey kshippey at juno.com
Thu Dec 20 00:38:38 PST 2018

Thank you Jackie. I suspected that was the case, as I looked in many places
for evidence of that parameter, although I did not consider the
webconfig.ini.

On a related note, it would be nice to turn off sending Bounds as part of
the Feature data provided in the JSON to mapagent.fcgi request, i.e.

"Feature":[{"Bounds":["-12945413.350013612 5407462.6793876747
-12945104.670435043 5407572.3364841882"]

According to this RFC you implemented, it seems there is a hook in the
MgBatchPropertyCollection for bIncludeFeatureBBOX:

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc126

However it does not appear that the mapagent.fcgi behavior can be adjusted
on either client-side or server side. Removing bounds information would
reduce the JSON overhead anywhere from 10%-50% depending on the requested
layer feature data. Just an additional consideration related to the first
one.