[mapguide-users] MGOS 3.1.1 - SQL Spatial Layers - Cannot select point layers by click on it or see the tooltip

Benoit Begin bbegin at geomapgis.ca
Wed Sep 19 12:05:48 PDT 2018

Hi Jose,

The one thing I can think of is if the point layer stores data in geography
columns versus geometry. That is one of the reason I have had issues with
Mapguide on SQL Server.

Basically the directionality of the selection matters and it has to be
counter-clockwise. When the selection is drawn clockwise, it appears to
count as the "hole" in a "donut" polygon. Sorry for the weird description,
it'd be easier to draw it out!

So if you use a geometry type, that shouldn't be a problem.

The second possible issue would be not having a properly defined primary
key, such as going against a view. That is one way SQL Server can prove a
bit difficult to deal with in Mapguide sometimes. However, since selection
works sometimes in your case, that is likely not the reason.

Hopefully it's simply a matter of switching the data type on your spatial
column.

Regards,

Ben