[mapguide-users] How to Use Maestro API Local Native Connection?

bishmanly bishmanly at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 21:03:07 PDT 2019

Done some searching and found the following. I have not tried this. Maybe
Jackie or others more knowledgeable can correct/clarify.

It seems the "Connect via TCP/IP" radio button in Maestro's "Connect to
MapGuide" window enables the "LocalNativeConnection" feature in Maestro.
LocalNativeConnection uses TCP/IP to directly communicate with the MapGuide
Site Server. This bypasses the MapGuide Web Tier layer so should be higher
performance. I read somewhere to beware that LocalNativeConnection does not
support everything that MapGuide Web Tier supports.

To enable "Connect via TCP/IP", you will need to sign a bunch of assemblies
with the Maestro public key. See
https://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2010/10/using-maestro-in-native-mode-with.html
. There is this utility
https://github.com/jumpinjackie/mapguide-maestro/tree/7d8f5e32e29995a5a201da1c5e4ba6c31803cebc/SignMapGuideApi
you can build that might be related to this task.

And you will need to build a connection provider DLL called
OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.Native32-x.x.x.dll. The source for a version that
works with MapGuide v2.2 is at
https://github.com/jumpinjackie/mapguide-maestro/tree/7d8f5e32e29995a5a201da1c5e4ba6c31803cebc/OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.Native
so you can start with that.

Then you will need to update ConnectionProviders.xml in enable this
OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.Native connection provider.

Once you got that setup, you will need a copy of MapGuide Web tier's
Webconfig.ini and MapGuide credentials to connect.

Here are others who have tried:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/How-to-enable-TCP-IP-based-connection-in-Maestro-3-1-td4184434.html
https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2571

These might also me helpful: