[mapguide-users] Map not loading after upgrade

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 03:30:48 PDT 2019

You need a Google Maps API key and activate billing on it. This is a
non-negotiable requirement to use their API.

Even then, I recommend you move away from Google Maps if you can and use
Bing/OSM instead for your base map backdrop. Google will constantly push
breaking changes to their Maps API and I don't have the motivation to keep
putting out fires that Google start. I haven't formally pulled Google Maps
support from Fusion (I'd imagine it would cause a mild uproar), but I would
actively discourage anyone from using it.

But that is a bit of a distraction from your real problem. I suggestion you
check your MapGuide error log for any exceptions that got logged. When maps
aren't rendering, something in MapGuide must've thrown some error, and the
error log is the first place to check. Also you might want to validate your
resources in MapGuide Maestro and see if any errors or notable warnings are
reported.

- Jackie