[mapguide-users] SqlServerProvider migrating to OSGeo.SQLServerSpatial error

Jake jakeyambao at marmak.ca
Tue Dec 17 08:32:08 PST 2019

Hi Jacky,

We were migrating our old mpg packages from Mapguide 2.1 that uses
SqlServerProvider.dll (3.4) to Mapguide 2.6 that uses
OSGeo.SQLServerSpatial.dll (3.9). We first imported all the packages using
the Site Administrator of the mapguide and loaded it to the server. We
opened the Maestro and tried to open the data feature source and we got an
error of "Cannot open datastore 'GSMPG' with the OSGeo.SQLServerSpatial
provider; it was created by the Autodesk.SqlServer provider. You will need
to migrate this datastore first".

We tried to recreate the feature datasource using the OSGeo.SQLServerSpatial
and still the error remains.

We believed that the FDO provider -> SqlServerProvider.dll is not existing
in Mapguide 2.6 only the SQLServerSpatial.dll.

How can we migrate the packages to Mapguide 2.6?

Hoping for your kind response

From

Jake Tan Yambao