[mapguide-users] Server disconnects when adding feature source in Maestro

RachelF rachellilianfields at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 03:51:28 PST 2020

Hello,
I am a new user of mapguide and currently following a video tutorial where I
added an external folder to the MapGuide Site Administrator. The pathway is
C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Ex_Files_UaR_MapGuide\Exercise Files\RASTER so there
are no strange symbols

When I go to click add new resource >Feature Source >Add it disconnects both
the site administrator and Maestro from the mapguide server. I have to
reboot the server and Maestro to reconnect.

I am running mapguide server through Ubuntu 14.04 on Virtual Box

I do not know what "C:\projects\mapguide-maestro\OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI"
in the below error message is, it is not a directory on my local machine.

The error log on the mapguide server doesn't seem to give any reason, the
server appears to still be running. ("Success: Server started." is the most
recent message)

These are the errors that I receive from Maestro:

System.Exception: The remote server returned an error: (559)
MgInvalidStreamHeaderException.:
Invalid stream header exception.

- MgHttpGetFeatureProviders.Execute() line 65 file
HttpGetFeatureProviders.cpp
- MgCommand.ExecuteCommand() line 120 file Services/Command.cpp
- MgCommand.GetResponse() line 177 file Services/Command.cpp

 ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (559)
MgInvalidStreamHeaderException.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.HttpServerConnection.OpenRead(String req) in
C:\projects\mapguide-maestro\OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI\Http\HttpServerConnection.cs:line
1405
   at OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.HttpServerConnection.OpenRead(String req) in
C:\projects\mapguide-maestro\OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI\Http\HttpServerConnection.cs:line
1421
   at OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.HttpServerConnection.get_FeatureProviders()
in
C:\projects\mapguide-maestro\OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI\Http\HttpServerConnection.cs:line
302
   at Maestro.Base.Templates.FeatureSourceItemTemplate.CreateItem(String
startPoint, IServerConnection conn) in
C:\projects\mapguide-maestro\Maestro.Base\Templates\FeatureSourceItemTemplate.cs:line
43
   at Maestro.Base.Commands.NewItemCommand.Run() in
C:\projects\mapguide-maestro\Maestro.Base\Commands\NewItemCommand.cs:line 55
   at ICSharpCode.Core.WinForms.ToolBarCommand.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e,
ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e,
ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons
button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg,
IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)