[mapguide-users] Server disconnects when adding feature source in Maestro

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 03:38:30 PST 2020

Hi Rachel,

Nabble is being strange. Messages posted there appear to be accepted by the
mapguide-users list but aren't displaying in Nabble's copy of the mailing
list. I only found this message because I posted a message myself yesterday
through Nabble that didn't appear in Nabble's UI, but does appear in the
mailing list archive here
<https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapguide-users/2020-February/thread.html>
where
I found your message.

So if this message appears on the list, it's because I'm replying the old
fashioned way. I've cc'd you a copy of this email either way.

On to your problem(s) at hand.

I think the problem appears to be the Ubuntu install of MapGuide has a
non-functional WMS FDO provider that is derailing the MapGuide Server when
a client application is asking for what FDO providers are available on the
MapGuide Server (which Maestro is actually asking for when you create a
feature source).

For the purpose of getting you back on track to finish your video tutorial,
you can disable the WMS provider by editing
*/usr/local/fdo-x.y.z/lib/providers.xml* (where *x.y.z* is your FDO version
installed) and look for the provider entry for the WMS provider which looks
like this:

  <FeatureProvider>
    <Name>OSGeo.WMS.4.1</Name>
    <DisplayName>OSGeo FDO Provider for WMS</DisplayName>
    <Description>Read access to OGC WMS-based data store</Description>
    <IsManaged>False</IsManaged>
    <Version>4.1.0.0</Version>
    <FeatureDataObjectsVersion>4.1.0.0</FeatureDataObjectsVersion>
    <LibraryPath>libWMSProvider.so</LibraryPath>
  </FeatureProvider>

Comment that entry out by surrounding it with XML comment markers like so

  <!--
  <FeatureProvider>
    <Name>OSGeo.WMS.4.1</Name>
    <DisplayName>OSGeo FDO Provider for WMS</DisplayName>
    <Description>Read access to OGC WMS-based data store</Description>
    <IsManaged>False</IsManaged>
    <Version>4.1.0.0</Version>
    <FeatureDataObjectsVersion>4.1.0.0</FeatureDataObjectsVersion>
    <LibraryPath>libWMSProvider.so</LibraryPath>
  </FeatureProvider>
  -->

Then save the file and restart your MapGuide Server daemon. I'm certain
after this that whatever Maestro's doing will not blow up the MapGuide
Server anymore.

Regarding "invalid stream header" errors: These errors are generally a
byproduct of a severed connection between the MapGuide Server and Web tiers
such as the MapGuide Server crashing due to the problem above. When such
"invalid stream header"  errors occur, the general suggestion is to just
retry whatever action you were doing in the first place, unless that action
crashed/stops the MapGuide Server

Regarding what "C:\projects\mapguide-maestro\OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI" is,
that is the path of the build machine that built MapGuide Maestro from
source. These paths generally don't mean much to users, this is more
information for developers like me to help locate the source code files in
question to further diagnose/debug the problem if needed.

Finally assuming that disabling the WMS provider gets you back up and
running I'm going to pre-emptively warn you that the video tutorial in
question is probably assuming you are running a *windows installation* of
MapGuide if it is asking you to set up external folders with *windows* file
paths. Your Linux MapGuide Server is not going to know what these windows
external paths are.

Hope this helps,

- Jackie

--
http://themapguyde.blogspot.com

Hello,

I am a new user of mapguide and currently following a video tutorial where I

added an external folder to the MapGuide Site Administrator. The pathway is

C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Ex_Files_UaR_MapGuide\Exercise Files\RASTER so there

are no strange symbols

When I go to click add new resource >Feature Source >Add it disconnects both

the site administrator and Maestro from the mapguide server. I have to

reboot the server and Maestro to reconnect.

I am running mapguide server through Ubuntu 14.04 on Virtual Box

I do not know what "C:\projects\mapguide-maestro\OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI"

in the below error message is, it is not a directory on my local machine.

The error log on the mapguide server doesn't seem to give any reason, the

server appears to still be running. ("Success: Server started." is the most

recent message)

These are the errors that I receive from Maestro:

System.Exception: The remote server returned an error: (559)

MgInvalidStreamHeaderException.:

Invalid stream header exception.

- MgHttpGetFeatureProviders.Execute() line 65 file

HttpGetFeatureProviders.cpp

- MgCommand.ExecuteCommand() line 120 file Services/Command.cpp

- MgCommand.GetResponse() line 177 file Services/Command.cpp

 ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (559)

MgInvalidStreamHeaderException.

   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

   at OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.HttpServerConnection.OpenRead(String req) in

C:\projects\mapguide-maestro\OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI\Http\HttpServerConnection.cs:line

1405

   at OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.HttpServerConnection.OpenRead(String req) in

C:\projects\mapguide-maestro\OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI\Http\HttpServerConnection.cs:line

1421

   at OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.HttpServerConnection.get_FeatureProviders()

in

C:\projects\mapguide-maestro\OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI\Http\HttpServerConnection.cs:line

302

   at Maestro.Base.Templates.FeatureSourceItemTemplate.CreateItem(String

startPoint, IServerConnection conn) in

C:\projects\mapguide-maestro\Maestro.Base\Templates\FeatureSourceItemTemplate.cs:line

43

   at Maestro.Base.Commands.NewItemCommand.Run() in

C:\projects\mapguide-maestro\Maestro.Base\Commands\NewItemCommand.cs:line 55

   at ICSharpCode.Core.WinForms.ToolBarCommand.OnClick(EventArgs e)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e,

ToolStripItemEventType met)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e,

ToolStripItemEventType met)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons

button, Int32 clicks)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg,

IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)