[mapguide-users] Shape Layer Issue

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 02:45:03 PDT 2020

Hi Liglio,

Are you continually updating the shape files underneath or doing any other
concurrent read/write access to these files?

If so, then you should reconsider the use of SHP files for this kind of
scenario and loading the data into a relational database, which is designed
for such multi-user concurrent access.

- Jackie

> Hi,

I have a shape layer that I programatically point to shape files using the
> feature source, continually in a timer. But sometimes there is not a file
> to show, and the layer must have the
> attribute visible = true.

When this occurs I got an error in the log file ("The specified class was
> not found."). There is something I can do to avoid this error ?

Regards,

Liglio