[mapguide-users] Raw GeoJson in MapGuide 4.0

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Fri Nov 13 00:55:11 PST 2020

Hi Jackie,

I think there is a rounding issue with the geojson format MapGuide 4 is
sending. When you have a number like for example  in your coordinates
(request with a precision set to 7) then this leads to a number with a
decimal point at the end  instead of

You can see the original data I requested with SELECTFEATURES in this
screenshot below from developer tools. Although it is shown in web developer
console there is an error message when requesting in the browser:

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unterminated fractional number at line 1 column 317
of the JSON data

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t215826/geojson.png>

So, OpenLayers doesn't show this geojson. Of course, I can choose a higher
precision to solve the issue with this specific coordinate but I have plenty
of other coordinates that have the same problem even with a higher
precision.

By the way, with MapGuide Rest the geojson output is correct.

Sorry for posting this issue here and not in trac. But there was no 4.0 in
the list of versions.

Thanks, Gunter