[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 4.0 update

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 05:21:23 PDT 2020

One more update (last one I swear) on the Preview 2 release.

Although our new docker-based build system allows us to rapidly pump out
builds of MapGuide/FDO to target more distros, sadly in my testing the
CentOS builds have been experiencing unacceptable stability issues around
the MySQL and PostgreSQL providers due to the use of static linking of
thirdparty libs for these 2 providers.

As a result, I am going to roll back to my original plan of targeting only
64-bit Windows and Ubuntu 16.04 for the preview 2 release.

Right now there is this blocker on the PostgreSQL provider

https://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/984

Which is preventing the release of Preview 2.

I'm hoping for a revised release of early next week assuming I can clear
this blocker in a timely manner.

- Jackie