[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 4.0 update

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 05:31:52 PDT 2020

I'm gonna need some assistance from the community on this one.

Here's a link to a copy of the Ubuntu 16.04 installer package

https://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/4.0.0/preview2_test/mapguideopensource-4.0.0.9740-ubuntu16-install.run

This is a self-contained and self-extracting shell script that runs through
the same install process as the ubuntu install script for older MGOS
releases. Download the file, chmod +x it and run it.

This is effectively the preview 2 linux installer barring this one
particular issue I need assistance on.

I am getting 403 forbidden errors from the bundled tomcat on any .jsp script
and I have no idea what is going on. An example URL that is causing Tomcat
to return 403 is:

http://SERVERNAME_OR_IP:8008/mapguide/mapviewerjava/ajaxviewer.jsp?WEBLAYOUT=Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Layouts/SheboyganJsp.WebLayout&LOCALE=en&USERNAME=Anonymous

My current running theory is that the default Tomcat configuration files are
more locked down security-wise than previous releases and I am missing some
configuration setting that is not set already. I know that recent releases
of Tomcat had mitigations for the Ghostcat vulnerability and so enabling
AJP/mod_jk connectivity must now be opt-in. That has been addressed with
this installer. But I suspect I am missing something else here.

This is not happening for the equivalent windows installer packages when
Tomcat is enabled/configured.

Any assistance from our java-minded MapGuide users on this issue would be
much appreciated (it means preview 2 release comes out sooner!)

- Jackie