[mapguide-users] compilation issues

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at acta.tech
Tue Jan 17 04:58:26 PST 2023

Hi all

I'm trying to install mapguide by following the file MgDev/CMake_README.txt
on the github repo "jumpinjackie/mapguide" at 'master'.

I first tried top get it working on a system with Ubuntu 20.04, but many
things were out of order during make process, and something led me to
the conclusion that I'd rather try with a 32-bit system; hence now I am
trying with a Ubuntu 18.04 32-bit.

Most things went well, up until the phase of the command
./cmake_build.sh --oem-working-dir /home/ubuntu/mapguide_oem_build
--cmake-build-dir /home/ubuntu/mapguide_build_area

At this point I am stuck with this error:

[  6%] Building CXX object
Oem/DWFTK/develop/global/src/dwfcore/CMakeFiles/dwfcore-1.7.0.dir/x86/Core.cpp.o
/home/ubuntu/mapguide/MgDev/Oem/DWFTK/develop/global/src/dwfcore/x86/Core.cpp:77:2:
error: #error Missing header file - cannot continue
  #error  Missing header file - cannot continue
   ^~~~~

Which is produced by these lines:

#if     defined( HAVE_ASM_ATOMIC_H )
#include <asm/atomic.h>
#elif   defined( HAVE_ALSA_IATOMIC_H )
#include <alsa/iatomic.h>
#else
#error  Missing header file - cannot continue
#endif

I am trying, unsuccessfully, to find the correct way to obtain the functions
that are supposed to be there, such as atomic_t, atomic_set,
atomic_read, ...

Any sort of suggestion/hint much appreciated.

Greetings
Luca