[mapguide-users] compilation issues

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 01:26:58 PST 2023

Hi Luca,

Firstly, that github repository is not the official MapGuide repository.
That repository is several years old and was a by-product of me playing
around with git mirroring scripts. The official repo is still on OSGeo at
https://svn.osgeo.org/mapguide/trunk/MgDev/

You will need a subversion (svn) client to check out the code from this
repository.

Secondly, while CMake is the canonical build system for MapGuide on Linux
(the autotools files are no longer maintained and will be removed
eventually), we no longer support producing 32-bit binaries. Only 64-bit
binaries are produced.and we assume you are building it on a 64-bit Ubuntu
or CentOS, whether that be a bare metal or inside a docker container.

Thirdly, the missing atomic.h header issue is already addressed in SVN
trunk (but not in that years old git mirror)

Finally, if you are building on Ubuntu 18.04 and above, you must run
cmake_bootstrap.sh with the --with-internal-geos switch specified so that
the internal copy of GEOS in the MapGuide source tree is built and used
instead of the system-provided version. The system-provided version of GEOS
in these distro versions have API breaking changes that we haven't fixed up
yet on the MapGuide end.

Hope that helps.

- Jackie

You wrote:

Hi all

I'm trying to install mapguide by following the file MgDev/CMake_README.txt
on the github repo "jumpinjackie/mapguide" at 'master'.

I first tried top get it working on a system with Ubuntu 20.04, but many
things were out of order during make process, and something led me to
the conclusion that I'd rather try with a 32-bit system; hence now I am
trying with a Ubuntu 18.04 32-bit.

Most things went well, up until the phase of the command
./cmake_build.sh --oem-working-dir /home/ubuntu/mapguide_oem_build
--cmake-build-dir /home/ubuntu/mapguide_build_area

At this point I am stuck with this error:

[  6%] Building CXX object
Oem/DWFTK/develop/global/src/dwfcore/CMakeFiles/dwfcore-1.7.0.dir/x86/Core.cpp.o
/home/ubuntu/mapguide/MgDev/Oem/DWFTK/develop/global/src/dwfcore/x86/Core.cpp:77:2:
error: #error Missing header file - cannot continue
  #error  Missing header file - cannot continue
   ^~~~~

Which is produced by these lines:

#if     defined( HAVE_ASM_ATOMIC_H )
#include <asm/atomic.h>
#elif   defined( HAVE_ALSA_IATOMIC_H )
#include <alsa/iatomic.h>
#else
#error  Missing header file - cannot continue
#endif

I am trying, unsuccessfully, to find the correct way to obtain the functions
that are supposed to be there, such as atomic_t, atomic_set,
atomic_read, ...

Any sort of suggestion/hint much appreciated.

Greetings
Luca

--
*Please Note: I no longer create new posts or post replies to any OSGeo