[mapguide-users] MapGuide MVT Tiles with view as source

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri May 5 03:14:45 PDT 2023

Hi Martin,

I am pretty sure the PostgreSQL provider supports configuration as it is
based on the same shared codebase used by ODBC, SQL Server and MySQL
providers, which all support configuration.

By supporting configuration, we can specify a XML configuration document
that provides a customised logical feature schema representation of your
PostGIS db that says that <some other column> in that view is the identity
property, instead of what the provider thinks (by default) is your identity
property.

However, making such a configuration document is a PITA right now because
the easiest way to do this with FDO Toolbox (ref:
https://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2010/08/using-fdo-schema-overrides.html)
doesn't work for PostgreSQL because of the I'm checking for configuration
support is completely dumb and needs to be fixed.

That issue is referenced here:
https://github.com/jumpinjackie/fdotoolbox/issues/82

Once I've fixed that issue and release a new FDO Toolbox with that fix
included shortly after, you can follow the referenced blog post link to
customise the identity property of that view.

- Jackie

You wrote:

Hi,
We are using TileSetDefinition with TileProvider set to XYZ and
TileFormat set to MVT.
The problem we have is that all features inside the vector tiles have
attribute "id" set to 0.
We have found out that the problem is that we are using view as the
source data for layer. When we change the source data to table, then
the features have the attribute "id" set to primary key value. The
source data are stored in PostgreSQL database.
Is there some possibility to configure which column from the view
should be used as the attribute "id" for the vector tile features?
Thank you for any hint,
Martin

--
*Please Note: I no longer create new posts or post replies to any OSGeo