[mapguide-psc] MapGuide's 1st RFC!

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 31 13:43:17 EST 2006

Bruce Dechant wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I wrote up a simple MapGuide RFC to give our process a trial run.
>

> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/MG_RFC_1_-_Commandline_parameter_changes

Bruce,

As an infrequent user of mapguide I'd like to discourage unnecessary backward
incompatible changes.  Perhaps /testmode, -testmode, /test and -test could
all work?  That is, continue to support the old names, but document the
new shorter versions.

I'm speaking as a long enemy of "churn" who greatly values the few little
bits of knowledge he has collected about mapguide.

PS. Is the plan that mapguide RFCs only be distributed on the psc list?  It
seems this is likely to exclude most users and many developers from knowing
an RFC is cooking that might affect them.  I'm also not a big fan of seperate
psc lists.

Best regards,