[MapProxy-dev] RFC: Introduce linting

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri Jan 15 00:50:19 PST 2021

I'm 0 on this.

The benefits are there, but the IMO huge downside is that it "destroys" the history of the code (git blame, etc.).
It would see this different if there is ongoing active development, but most parts are quite stable, were not changed in recent years and will likely not be edited in the near future.

All the best,
Oliver