[MapProxy] Small survey

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Apr 20 02:48:41 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 20.04.2010, at 08:16, Milo van der Linden wrote:
> Does Mapproxy support WMS-C and what version?

If you mean WMS requests that are aligned to a grid, then yes.
I'm just aware of
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WMS_Tiling_Client_Recommendation
but MapProxy does not send any VendorSpecificCapabilities. Are there any clients that support these information?

If you have a working OpenLayers client with a TMS, you can change the TMS to a tiled WMS layer without any performance difference.

> Does Mapproxy support TMS and what version?

Yep, TMS 1.0
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Tile_Map_Service_Specification
For example: http://osm.omniscale.net/proxy/tms/1.0.0/

> Does Mapproxy support WMTS and what version?

Not at the moment. But since it is only another request/metadata format and MapProxy already supports TMS and KML it should be easy to implement that.

> Does Mapproxy support Google and what version?
> Does Mapproxy support Bing and what version?

As far as I know, both APIs support XYZ-tile layers. So, yes.

> Does Mapproxy support KML and what version?

KML 2.2

> Does Mapproxy support ArcGIS Servber and what version?
> Does Mapproxy support Oracle MapViewer and what version?

With WMS? Then yes. Otherwise you have to be more specific about the specification.

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)