[MapProxy] MapProxy settings with tilecache

pierre verkest petrus-v at hotmail.fr
Thu Apr 22 19:27:00 EDT 2010

Hi,
Thanks, it works, I get some others troubles. any way I need to test more before sending a new email to the list.
Regards,
Pierre
Subject: Re: [MapProxy] MapProxy settings with tilecache
From: helle at omniscale.de
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:29:20 +0200
CC: mapproxy at lists.osgeo.org
To: petrus-v at hotmail.fr

Hi Pierre,
Am 21.04.2010 um 22:04 schrieb pierre verkest:I'm newbie with MapProxy and I'm trying to set it with my own tilecache server.

welcome to mapproxy list.

Then I want to add a new layer (services.yaml) :
        sources:
        - type: cache_wms
          req:
            url: http://www.verkest.homelinux.com/wms/tilecache.py
            layers: basic

When I want to add that layer in Qgis I get an error:
HTTP Error (http://www.verkest.homelinux.c...): 404

The HTTP 404 error is from our tilecache.
Is it a miss configuration or a miss install?

You have to include your Tilecache as a TMS Layer (type: cache_tms), because the tilecache does not support WMS.
You find an TMS Layer example in the servies.yaml:http://bitbucket.org/olt/mapproxy/src/tip/mapproxy/core/paster_templates/templates/etc/services.yaml#cl-59
Regards,
Dominik

-- Dominik Helle <helle at omniscale.de>Omniscale, Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbRNadorster Straße 60, 26123 OldenburgTel: +49(0)441/9392774-1 (Fax: 9)