[MapProxy] mapproxy-seed very slow

Sebastian E. Ovide sebastian.ovide at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 06:06:59 EDT 2010

Hi Guys,

I have installed  MapServer with MapServer reading directly from ESRI files
rather than from Oracle Spatial. MapServer performance is great ! (even
without MapProxy). Accordingly with FireBug It serves tiles at 500ms each...
but over 10 tiles at the same time ! so I get the map build in under a
second.

Then I've tested TileCache and of course the performance improved... I was
very happy with it... accordingly to FireBug it serves cached tiles at 16ms
each ! but the pretailing script was too slow...

So I have installed MapProxy... I'm getting similar performance (accordingly
to FireBug).... and the pretailing script mapproxy-seed... is very slow
too....

It takes a loooong time to start using 100% of only 1 CPU for creating the
first tail... after that it creates around 10 tiles a second...

using top I can see between 2 mapproxy-seed script. using only 2 CPUs (over
4) and CPU% around 70%... I can see also others mapproxy-seed using 0%
CPU...

Can you advice any method to speed up the pretailing ?

thanks

--
Sebastian E. Ovide