[MapProxy] mapproxy-seed very slow

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri Aug 20 06:59:03 EDT 2010

On 20.08.2010, at 12:06, Sebastian E. Ovide wrote:
> It takes a loooong time to start using 100% of only 1 CPU for creating the first tail... after that it creates around 10 tiles a second...

Can you post your configuration?
It should start fast unless you start seeding from a very low level, say from [13-15]. How did you calculated the 10 tiles/s? With meta-tiles you will get multiple tiles for each WMS request.

> using top I can see between 2 mapproxy-seed script. using only 2 CPUs (over 4) and CPU% around 70%... I can see also others mapproxy-seed using 0% CPU...

mapproxy-seed has a --concurrency option (or -c). Try to increase that.

> Can you advice any method to speed up the pretailing ?

Limit the seed area with a shapefile, use --concurrency, use image/tiff as request_format, use new PIL version (see mapproxy blog), and use link_single_color_images=true.

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)