[MapProxy] png 256 vs. rgb

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Dec 6 11:52:44 EST 2010

On 06.12.2010, at 17:28, Sandor Csaba wrote:

> Hi, Oliver thank you for the reply,
>
>> You are on Windows, right? I just fixed a bug where the "globals" where not set in the seed worker threads.
>
> No I use debian lenny, on the mapproxy machine.

Ok, then it could be another issue that was already fixed in trunk.

>> We are in the process to remove all global configuration variables (all in MapProxys  base_config variable), because they make it impossible to run multiple MapProxy configurations in the same Python process. (You will still be able to configure things "globally", within a configured MapProxy instance).
>>
>> We are now using context-local variables (e.g. thread locals) until we removed the last usage of base_config. These context-local variables needs to be reassigned if you create a new context and that part was missing in the seed tool.
>
> I'm not sure, if I understand you correctly but I use only one
> mapproxy configuration in a virtual env called mapproxy.

Sorry, you don't have to understand that technical blurb :)
The worker processes of the seed tools used the default configuration instead of your configuration, and that shouldn't be the case anymore.

>> http://mapproxy.org/static/rel/MapProxy-0.9.1.dev-20101206.tar.gz
>
> Can I update to this dev version using pip install?

Yes:

pip install http://mapproxy.org/static/rel/MapProxy-0.9.1.dev-20101206.tar.gz

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)