[MapProxy] one cache - many projections

Spivey, Brett brett.spivey at nc.gov
Fri Oct 8 14:29:15 EDT 2010

I've just come across MapProxy and hoping someone can share their knowledge.  I'm trying to provide cached map performance in multiple projections for a "roads" layer.  Right now, I'm looking at having to create separate wms "roads" map services with separate caches ("ROADS1" for lat/long, "ROADS2" for stateplane (feet), etc.).  Is there an approach where I could have a single wms "roads" service on the source server and provide a single wms map service url to the user but have MapProxy support multiple projections while still offering cached map speed?

I may not be conceptualizing this correctly (if so, then please correct me) but I'm trying to figure out a way to keep the number of services as low and as simple for the user as possible.

Thanks,

Brett Spivey
NC OneMap Programmer
Center for Geographic Information & Analysis
Office of the State Chief Information Officer
919.754.6591
brett.spivey at its.nc.gov
http://www.cgia.state.nc.us

Email correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official.