[MapProxy] one cache - many projections

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Oct 11 10:21:21 EDT 2010

On 08.10.2010, at 20:29, Spivey, Brett wrote:

> I’ve just come across MapProxy and hoping someone can share their knowledge.  I’m trying to provide cached map performance in multiple projections for a “roads” layer.  Right now, I’m looking at having to create separate wms “roads” map services with separate caches (“ROADS1” for lat/long, “ROADS2” for stateplane (feet), etc.).  Is there an approach where I could have a single wms “roads” service on the source server and provide a single wms map service url to the user but have MapProxy support multiple projections while still offering cached map speed?

There is limited support for it in 0.8. You can add multiple SRS to your layer, but you cannot configure them individually (i.e. separate BBOX, etc.). This improved with 0.9 and you can now define multiple grids per cache/layer. Here is an example:

layers:
   roads:
     title: Roads layer
     sources: [roads_cache]

caches:
  roads_cache:
     source: [roads_wms]
     grids: [latlong, stateplane]

grids:
  latlon:
    srs: EPSG:4326

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)