[MapProxy] Mapproxy hangs on reprojection?

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Sat Sep 25 05:58:21 EDT 2010

Hi Anne,

On 25.09.2010, at 02:10, Anne Blankert wrote:
> Now if I start the service with:
> paster serve etc/develop.ini --reload
>
> The service completely hangs after 1 getCapabilities request + 4 GetMap epsg:900913 requests.
> The 4 tiles are reprojected correctly, but no longer transparent.
> I have to completely kill the command box that I used to run the virtual environment in before I can use mapproxy again.
> [...]
> Questions:
> * Is the hang a problem caused by me, my machine, Vista in general, virtualenv, Python or MapProxy?

I have never seen any hanging of MapProxy. Can you shutdown MapProxy with ctrl-c, ctrl-d or ctrl-z (can't remember which one works on windows) and post the traceback information?

> * it seems that layer-transparancy is lost if reprojected. Is that true?

It should work, otherwise it would be a bug :)

Can you make sure your client requested MapProxy with `transparent=true`?

> * the request header shows escaped request parameters, shouldn't they be unescaped?

You mean 'image%2Fpng'? That is the right encoding.

> * the request header claims I am using MapProxy version 0.8.5 instead of 0.8.4

And you are sure you haven't installed 0.8.5? It was released 5 days ago, and if you used easy_install/pip you should have that release. You can look into your virtualenv (lib/python2.6/site-packages) and check the output of `python -m mapproxy.core.version`.

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)