[MapProxy] GetFoo Url in getCapa wrong

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Thu Sep 30 10:47:27 EDT 2010

On 30.09.2010, at 15:53, Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V. wrote:
> we are deploying mapproxy using the standalone server by starting
> $ python paster serve etc/develop.ini --daemon --reload
> the service ist using default port 8080 but the port is blocked by
> providers firewall
> In addition to that in apache a rewrite-ruke is configured to rewrite
> www.server.eu:80/foo/* to www.server.eu:8080/*
> mysite.conf:
> RewriteRule ^/foo/(.*) http://localhost:8080/$1 [P,L]
>
> So that's the reason, but how to tell mapproxy to deliver a different
> URL it guesses?

If you want to use this setup, then you could configure paster/MapProxy to listen to /foo.
See http://pythonpaste.org/deploy/#the-config-file

[composite:main]
use = egg:Paste#urlmap
/foo = mapproxy

[app:mapproxy]

and then do not rewrite the path on the Apache side.

PS: Macro, could you please 'reply to all' next time, information like that might be helpful for other.

--
Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR