[MapProxy] Mapproxy on Windows Server - some issues

Oliver Tonnhofer tonnhofer at omniscale.de
Wed Apr 13 13:01:13 EDT 2011

Hi Peter,

On 13.04.2011, at 08:55, <Peter.Jehle at tba.llv.li> <Peter.Jehle at tba.llv.li> wrote:
> - I had to install the whole applicatiion on python 2.6 since I run in
> problems with the watermark support of PIL respectivly I didn't find a
> PIL version for python 2.7 which supports this.

I've heard that some PIL packages for 2.7 are missing a DLL for the font rendering.

> -I also tried to install PIL1.1.7 fastpng, but the mingw32 compiler
> crashes when compiling: Is their a win32-binary relaease of PIL with
> fastpng support?

No, not that I'm aware of. I also never tried to compile PIL on Windows.

> -I tried to use mapserver directly without going to  webserver on
> localhost: when i tried to configure the mapserver option, the
> yaml-parser reported an error. Is there a complete template where i can
> find all config-options?

The mapserver feature is pretty new and I haven't tested it on Windows,
but I appreciate any feedback. If you get YAML errors, than this is likely to be
a syntax error in your file: tabs instead of spaces, missing space behind colon, etc.
Do you have the exact error?

> -  when I call WMS-images outside the bbox, I get a black margin in the
> areas, where the image should be white or transparent (no content of the
> ortho-image). Are there any settings to avoid this? I tried different
> options on the WMS-Server and the mapproxy config  (transparent_color)
> but I cant come loose of this black margins. (I had to use jpeg as image
> format because png was to slow).

Do you request with BGCOLOR and or TRANSPARENT=true?

Any additions to the existing documentations are welcomed. You can find the source here: https://bitbucket.org/olt/mapproxy/src/default/doc/install_windows.rst

> I also run in a problem when trying to install python fastpng support: I
> tried solving this according to
> http://blog.eddsn.com/2010/05/unable-to-find-vcvarsall-bat/

Well, normally you shouldn't need to compile anything for MapProxy installation.

--
Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt