[MapProxy] Mapproxy on Windows Server - some issues

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 13 14:39:03 EDT 2011

On 13 April 2011 08:55,  <Peter.Jehle at tba.llv.li> wrote:
> Hi all
> First thank you for that great work
>
> I run a test for mapproy an an windows server 2003 machine.
> I installed the nightly version of mapproxy 1.1.0a
> I tried different options of mapproxy. I have the following issues, that
> I would like to post:
>
> - I had to install the whole applicatiion on python 2.6 since I run in
> problems with the watermark support of PIL respectivly I didn't find a
> PIL version for python 2.7 which supports this.
> -I also tried to install PIL1.1.7 fastpng, but the mingw32 compiler
> crashes when compiling: Is their a win32-binary relaease of PIL with
> fastpng support?
> -I tried to use mapserver directly without going to  webserver on
> localhost: when i tried to configure the mapserver option, the
> yaml-parser reported an error. Is there a complete template where i can
> find all config-options?
> -  when I call WMS-images outside the bbox, I get a black margin in the
> areas, where the image should be white or transparent (no content of the
> ortho-image). Are there any settings to avoid this? I tried different
> options on the WMS-Server and the mapproxy config  (transparent_color)
> but I cant come loose of this black margins. (I had to use jpeg as image
> format because png was to slow).
>

> I hope this is understandable for you.
> By the way, I have to say that I'm a beginner with python application,
> so installing the envirenemt was quite hard work.
> Usefull for installung the whole environment is setuptools
> (easy_installe.exe on win), which is desrcibes here:
> http://packages.python.org/distribute/easy_install.html
> I also run in a problem when trying to install python fastpng support: I
> tried solving this according to
> http://blog.eddsn.com/2010/05/unable-to-find-vcvarsall-bat/
>
> Since may cache store is in a san, I had to install pywin32 and added
> the following lines to my config.wsgi:
>
> import win32com.client
> wshnetwork = win32com.client.Dispatch('Wscript.Network')
> wshnetwork.MapNetworkDrive('h:', '\\\\server\\share')

Hi

We at Prodevelop installed succesfully MapProxy with IIS and
isapi-wsgi and we had to use python 2.6 x32. We were able thanks to
the great help of Oliver and we owe him at least some kind of how-to
about how we are doing the job. I have some notes but at this time we
haven't structured them as a formal text, but we will do it for sure.

Good luck, running WSGI apps on Windows doesn't seem as easy as in
better operating systems :-)

--
Jorge Sanz
http://es.osgeo.org