[MapProxy] deploying MapProxy with apache2 mod_fcgid (RHEL x86_64)

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Thu Apr 14 12:57:35 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have a problem deploying MapProxy on an RHEL5 x86_64 Server for
production.
I do not really have knowledge about FASTCGI, I just tried to set it up
like it is described in the MapProxy docs.
I tryed first to use Apache2 with mod_fastcgi, which I had to compile
from source, because there is no RPM for RHEL5 x86_64. On my test
environment I got this working.
Unfortunately it turned out, that I am not allowed to compile apache
modules on the servers of our University, so I can't do this and the
admins won't do it for me,  the only way is to provide them an RPM,
which I am not (yet) able to build myself. And the supported mod_fcgid
(which the admins already installed for me) does not have the
FastCgiExternalServer directive...
Does somebody here know how I can deploy MapProxy with mod_fcgid [1]?

Thanks very much and best regards
Christian

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html

--
Christian Willmes
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group