[MapProxy] deploying MapProxy with apache2 mod_fcgid (RHEL x86_64)

Oliver Tonnhofer tonnhofer at omniscale.de
Fri Apr 15 02:19:57 EDT 2011

Hi Christian,

On 14.04.2011, at 18:57, Christian Willmes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem deploying MapProxy on an RHEL5 x86_64 Server for
> production.
> I do not really have knowledge about FASTCGI, I just tried to set it up
> like it is described in the MapProxy docs.
> I tryed first to use Apache2 with mod_fastcgi, which I had to compile
> from source, because there is no RPM for RHEL5 x86_64. On my test
> environment I got this working.
> Unfortunately it turned out, that I am not allowed to compile apache
> modules on the servers of our University, so I can't do this and the
> admins won't do it for me,  the only way is to provide them an RPM,
> which I am not (yet) able to build myself. And the supported mod_fcgid
> (which the admins already installed for me) does not have the
> FastCgiExternalServer directive...
> Does somebody here know how I can deploy MapProxy with mod_fcgid [1]?

I can't help you with mod_fcgid but maybe it's helpful to see how other projects use it:

http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonscookbook/Production+Deployment+Using+Apache,+FastCGI+and+mod_rewrite,+alternate+version

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt