[MapProxy] UTM-based source?

Tore Halset halset at pvv.ntnu.no
Tue Apr 19 16:54:54 EDT 2011

Hello.

On 14. apr. 2011, at 09.29, Oliver Tonnhofer wrote:

> On 13.04.2011, at 23:05, Tore Halset wrote:
>
>> I have access to a ArcGis tile server using their rest interface. The tile set are in a UTM zone with a EPSG code. If possible, I would like to transform that tile source to a EPSG:900913 tms or wms service.
>
> Yes that should work. You need to specify a grid that matches your ArcGis tile set.
> WMS is no problem, but transforming to a 900913 TMS does involve a recursive call to MapProxy itself at the moment (using the transformed WMS as the source). Josh Doe did that, maybe he can post his config.

Thanks, I used the script Josh Doe posted[1] in march and it is working very well!

I added a grid, a cache and a layer. In my cache entry, I specify the grid (UTM 33N) of the source. Should I (as in, will it speed things up?) cache in the output grid (EPSG:900913 - google mercator) use by the wms as well?

Regards,
 - Tore.
[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapproxy/2011-March/000581.html