[MapProxy] GetCapabilities request produces read data timeout in 40seconds

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Apr 27 05:40:42 EDT 2011

Hi,

It is a good habit to do WMS GetCapabilities with all the parameters, in your case
http://<productionserver>/mapproxy/service?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

Probably your request is not the reason for your troubles but if you test various servers you can never know for sure what they deside to do with the missing parameters. According to the standard in GetCapabilities request SERVICE is compulsory while VERSION is not (the server must then use the highest version it supports).

-Jukka Rahkonen-