[MapProxy] disable_storage decreasing performance

Dominik Helle helle at omniscale.de
Thu Feb 10 06:05:41 EST 2011

Hi Johannes,

Am 10.02.2011 um 11:52 schrieb Johannes Weskamm:
> I'm using MapProxy 1 Beta 1 and can see a huge performance decrease when i use "disable_storage: true" in my Cache configuration. I try to access Tiles that are already in the cache, so they should be delivered quickly. But instead, it seems that some processing is going on that makes the delivery a few times slower. If i disable the parameter, everything is running fast again.

If you use disable_storage: true MapProxy will not store or request any tiles - you disable the cache. MapProxy will re-request all required tiles for each incoming request.

For using MapProxy in offline mode you can use 'seed_only'
Documentation: http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/sources.html?highlight=seed_only#wms-seed-only

Regards
Dominik

--