[MapProxy] How to run MapProxy under Apache?

Stefan Schantz SSchantz at BfS.de
Wed Feb 23 09:59:45 EST 2011

Hi,
I am new with all that stuff (MapProxy, Apache,..), but I have to do it :-)

My MapProxy installation works if it runs in the WSGI server environment
using  the Paster HTTP Server.
Now I am trying to run it on an Apache server, using FastCgi as written
in the documentation.

my Apache Server: Apache/2.2.15 (Linux/SUSE)
user: wwwrun

my MapProxy config.ini:
---------------
[app:main]
use = egg:MapProxy#app
mapproxy_conf = %(here)s/mapproxy.yaml
log_conf = %(here)s/log_deploy.ini

[server:main]
use = egg:Flup#fcgi_fork
## connect via socket
socket = %(here)s/../var/fcgi-socket
## webserver runs as other user
umask = 000
## webserver runs in same group/user
umask = 002
maxRequests = 500
minSpare = 4
maxSpare = 16
maxChildren = 64

## connect via tcp/ip
#host = 127.0.0.1
#port = 9000
------

my httpd.conf
------
(...)
LoadModule fastcgi_module  /usr/lib64/apache2/mod_fastcgi.so
<IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
     FastCGIExternalServer /tmp/madeup -socket
/data/mapproxy/var/fcgi-socket
     Alias /proxy /tmp/madeup>
<IfModule>
(...)
-------
after starting MapProxy with "paster serve etc/config.ini",  it seems to
be fine (user: wwwrun):
2011-02-23 14:46:00,337 - INFO -
545:mapproxy.config.loader:load_configuration - Reading services
configuration: /data/mapproxy/etc/mapproxy.yaml
Starting server in PID 545.

If I try to see MapProxy in the browser, I got an error:

Access forbidden!
You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either
read-protected or not readable by the server.

Apache: error_log:
client denied by server configuration: /tmp/madeup

Can anybody help me, I am working on that problem since more than 2 days :-(

Thanks!
Stefan