[MapProxy] How to run MapProxy under Apache?

Andreas Trawoeger atrawog at datenscheibe.org
Wed Feb 23 11:23:35 EST 2011

Am 23. Februar 2011 15:59 schrieb Stefan Schantz <SSchantz at bfs.de>:

> Hi,
> I am new with all that stuff (MapProxy, Apache,..), but I have to do it :-)
>
> My MapProxy installation works if it runs in the WSGI server environment
> using  the Paster HTTP Server.
> Now I am trying to run it on an Apache server, using FastCgi as written in
> the documentation.

If there isn't any explicit need to use Apache I can highly recommend to
take a look at Gunicorn [0].

Gunicorn has direct WSGI and Paster support and makes running a MapProxy
webserver as simple as "gunicorn_paster
/home/scheibe/mapproxy/prod/prod.ini"

If you want to combine Gunicorn with Apache you can use e.g. mod_proxy to
forward request from Apache to Gunicorn/Mapproxy or use a webserver like
Nginx [1] that supports high performance proxying from the beginning.

cu andreas

[0] http://gunicorn.org/
[1] http://wiki.nginx.org/Main