[MapProxy] Reprojecting google maps

Max Stephan max.stephan at gmx.net
Wed Jan 19 09:24:44 EST 2011

Hi Oliver,

We don´t have an agreement with google concerning this. The reason why we want to reproject the google-maps-Data is that we are overlaying it with several WMS-Layers in our Open-Layers-based application. No problem so far but the users are able to add their own WMS-Servers and some of them don´t support EPSG:900913 but I guess each of them supports EPSG:4326.
So our second approach is to reproject data from those servers to EPSG:900913 but the problem is that this is not really working client-side (there is one approach using gdal-warp.js but it´s really slow and causes browser-crashes). Would it be possible to add those WMS-Servers to mapproxy temporarily to reproject them there? Is there an interface for such use cases?

Best regards,
Max Stephan