[MapProxy] Reprojecting google maps

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Wed Jan 19 11:15:44 EST 2011

On 19.01.2011, at 16:10, Max Stephan wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, Andreas. I know that it´s possible to reproject from 4326 to 900913 with mapproxy. But as mentioned the user can add every WMS-Server he´d like to see in the application (that means he doesn´t choose from a limited list but can enter whatever he wants). So we cannot take the static approach and add them to the yaml-File manually. We would need some kind of script/interface which adds the given WMS-Server (with the requested layer maybe) to mapproxy temporarily.

Have a look at http://mapproxy.org/docs/latest/deployment.html#multimapproxy
With MultiMapProxy you can drop new configurations into a single directory and MapProxy will create a new instance. That way you don't have to modify any existing files -- just create a new temporary config.

And I guess you don't need a cache in this case: http://mapproxy.org/docs/latest/configuration_examples.html#reproject-wms-layers

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt