[MapProxy] Is mapproxy support geoserver and arcgisserver?

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Wed Jun 15 02:41:39 EDT 2011

On 11.06.2011, at 05:55, Truong Pham Minh wrote:

> Hi list,
> I'm working on a project that intended to publish WMS services by Mapserver, Geoserver and ArcgisServer. For security, and speedup, I found mapproxy look like very nice sollution. But i wonder that is mapproxy support read data from geoserver, arcgis server or not?
> Mapproxy said that: "
> It reads data from:
>
> 	• WMS sources (1.0.0–1.3.0)
> 	• TMS sources
> 	• Mapserver and Mapnik configurations
> "
> So it does not support Geoserver and ArcGis Server, right?

Of course it does! You can use any WMS server like Geoserver or ArcGIS server. For Mapserver and Mapnik there is support to directly embed it into MapProxy, so you don't need to install an additional WMS server.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn