[MapProxy] publish ArcGIS Server cache as TMS and WMS

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Mar 8 05:29:38 EST 2011

On 08.03.2011, at 09:47, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> Perhaps it would be good to make a test with uDig for verification. I know it works as WMS-C client against GeoWebCache so if it works against Mapproxy also then we know that it is QGis which is broken.

I just tested uDig (1.2.1) on Mac OS X and QGIS (1.6) on Windows 7.

It works with uDig with WMS-C and Web Map Tiles (custom server and http://localhost:8080/tiles/osm_EPSG900913/{z}/{x}/{y}.png?origin=nw).

But QGIS does not work. It creates untiled requests (with large width and height) when I select "No" on the capabilities question. It requests tiles if I select "Yes", but the tiles are completely unaligned. Example BBOX: 90.090000,-84.961129,180.090000,5.038871 which likely should be 90,-90,180,0. MapProxy does permit small rounding errors but these numbers are way off.

My colleague already reported that on qgis-users months ago http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Problem-with-WMS-C-td5364661.html

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt