[MapProxy] Provide Google-style tiles using a non global spherical mercator tile source

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri Mar 11 04:05:49 EST 2011

Hi,

On 11.03.2011, at 04:46, Josh Doe wrote:

> I'm trying to provide Google/OSM style tiles from an ArcGIS REST tile
> server, however the server uses a unique SRS,
> Lambert_Conformal_Conic_Virginia. I was able to find the proj4 string
> (SR-ORG:6639), and added it to the epsg file, but now I'm trying to
> figure out how to provide the Google style tiles. It would seem I'd
> need to setup a EPSG:900913 cache, however from my reading it seems
> like for tile sources the cache grid and the source grid must match.

That's correct.

> Now I guess I could create a second MapProxy instance to access the
> first via WMS to create this cache, but it sounds like I must be
> missing something.

You can do that in the same instance. Here is an example:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapproxy/2010-December/000316.html

cache1 would then be your 6639 tiles, and cache2 your EPSG:900913 tiles with GLOBAL_MERCATOR grid.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt