[MapProxy] Re: Deploy MapProxy with isapi-wsgi

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Tue Mar 15 12:23:13 EDT 2011

El 15/03/2011 16:48, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas escribió:
> Hi,
>
> After reading the thread about installing mapproxy with IIS[0] and the
> StackOverflow question[1] it seems that isapi-wsgi is the only good
> option to delpoy MapProxy on Windows and IIS.
>
> I have MapProxy installed under a virtual environment.
>
> I've ben able to install isapi-wsgi and create the testing application,
> but now I would want to deploy MapProxy. Has anyone dealed with that
> configuration.
>
> Has anyone deployed MapProxy on Windows with any other acceptable
> configuration?, I could consider to install another webserver and do a
> reverse proxy but as a last option as our client won't be happy if I say
> them IIS is no OK :-S
>
> Best regards
>
> [0] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapproxy/2010-November/000277.html
> [1]
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4012621/python-wsgi-deployment-on-windows-for-cpu-bound-application

OK I've advanced a little bit

I've adapted the django sample from isapi-wsgi web page[1] and now I can
install the web application:

>python config_winisapi.wsgi install
2011-03-15 16:59:00,528 - INFO -
3504:mapproxy.config.loader:load_configuration - Reading services
configuration: c:\gis\mapproxy_venv\apvmapproxy\etc
\mapproxy.yaml
Configured Virtual Directory: mapproxy
Installation complete.

But when I access any mapproxy url I get a 500 error and defaults
client.log and proxy.log doesn't show any hint, is there a way I can see
what's going on?

I've changed the log_deploy.ini->logger_mapproxy to DEBUG level but
proxy.log is not showing anything on requests, just on deployment phase.

Best
[1] http://pastebin.com/4UKdxE5M
- --
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas