[MapProxy] Choosing resolutions

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Wed Mar 16 04:07:02 EDT 2011

On 15.03.2011, at 22:32, luca.casagrande at gmail.com wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I am planning to create a TMS service starting from raster data of 0.5
> m of spatial resolution.
> Which is the best approach to find resolutions? Is it ok to have as
> max_res  = extent/256 ?

That is too less, because you have more than 256 pixels on the last level.
By default MapProxy uses min_res = extent/tile_size, so that the first level (0) contains the whole extent.
In you case, I would start with your spatial resolution and calculate an appropriate max_res and use that (0.5, 1, 2, 4, ...), or just use an explicit list with your resolutions.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt