[MapProxy] SQLite limits

Fernando Ribeiro fernandinand at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:26:17 EST 2011

Hi again Oliver,

Uh, yeah. It should be possible to manually partition the data with the
> features of MapProxy if you only need WMS services. But I don't suggest
> to do that :)

I know you warned me, but I am lacking time for some answers on SQLite
changes... :)
So I did partition my data manually using WMS source features, by "cutting
of" several sources (the same request) by resolution levels. Additionally I
have set the equivalent number of caches, also "cutting of" cache
properties with the property "*use_direct_from_res*" to match sources
resolutions (some kind of cascading).
Now I have 5DBs SQLite and tested requests for the resolution different
levels (11) and everything seems ok. Tiles are saved where they should be.
Also seeding task seems ok, despite it seems to take a little longer, as
now it needs to seed 5 different caches.

My question is: Do you feel this approach maybe not be advisable as it can
have some drawback with a large amount of data (2Tb).

Cheers!

--
Fernando Ribeiro