[MapProxy] SQLite limits

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Nov 8 10:01:28 EST 2011

On 07.11.2011, at 19:56, Fernando Ribeiro wrote:
> On the other hand, of course we don't want the full 2Tb of data in a single database... we are thinking on a db "switch" scenario for some given zoom values and on minor scales by regions, as MapProxy deals great with these features...but this is only a scenario

Uh, yeah. It should be possible to manually partition the data with the features of MapProxy if you only need WMS services. But I don't suggest to do that :)

> Another question;
> Is it safe to install your PIL modification package side-by-side with the "official" PIL package? Should I uninstall it first?

Pip/easy_install should overwrite/update your existing PIL installation. You can run both versions in different virtualenvs if you have to. I would uninstall PIL if you have installed it as a system package from your distribution.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn