[MapProxy] Do more cache levels imply better performance when resampling?

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Fri Oct 28 09:48:34 EDT 2011

I just have a couple basic performance questions about Mapproxy.

I was just wondering will having more cache levels help speed up mapproxy when resampling?  For example will mapproxy resize an image from 1:15K to 1:17K faster than it can resize an image from 1:10K to 1:17K?

Also is there a way to turn off resampling, and only server images that are at a specific resolution  (similar to Tilecache), and if so would this speed up the application.

Thanks

Mark