[MapProxy] Do more cache levels imply better performance when resampling?

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri Oct 28 10:30:03 EDT 2011

On 28.10.2011, at 15:48, Mark Volz wrote:
> I was just wondering will having more cache levels help speed up mapproxy when resampling?  For example will mapproxy resize an image from 1:15K to 1:17K faster than it can resize an image from 1:10K to 1:17K?

It should be a bit faster, because it needs to open/decode/merge less tiles in that case.

> Also is there a way to turn off resampling, and only server images that are at a specific resolution  (similar to Tilecache), and if so would this speed up the application.

MapProxy supports WMS-C and MapProxy refuses to scale/merge any tiles when the client requests with &tiled=true. This should be similar to the WMS/WMS-C of TileCache.
See: http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/services.html#wms-c

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn