[MapProxy] Seeding tiles from one cache to other

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Aug 14 04:05:45 PDT 2012

On 13.08.2012, at 21:46, Benjamin Wragg wrote:
> On 14/08/2012, at 1:44 AM, Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de> wrote:
>>
>> No, that is the only option. But it might be a worthwhile addition to MapProxy to be able to use caches as a source for other caches.
>>
> I haven't done this myself so this is just an idea, but if you ran a second instance of mapproxy on another ip address or port could you do it?

Yes, this is possible. You could also use MultiMapProxy.
Though, it would be easier and faster if MapProxy could access the cache internally, but someone needs to write or fund a patch for that.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt | @oltonn