[MapProxy] Dealing with a source with multiple resolutions in one layer

Benjamin Wragg bwragg at isasolutions.com.au
Tue Aug 7 01:23:48 PDT 2012

Hi Paul,

I think I had a similar setup problem the other day on this thread "Dealing with a source with multiple resolutions in one layer". I had 1 source of 19 levels that I wanted to cache at 8 levels all over and then greater levels over certain regions.

Basically to get it to work I did the following:
setup 1 source which had a grid that encompassed the whole earth e.g GLOBAL_MERCATOR with the maximum number of levels set, for me this was num_levels 19.
setup 1 cache for the whole earth with a grid of GLOBAL_MERCATOR with num_levels 8
setup a second cache for "detailed area 1" with a grid of GLOBAL_MERCATOR with num_levels 14.
setup a third cache for "detailed area 2" with a grid of GLOBAL_MERCATOR with num_levels 1
....another cache for each area I want more than num_level 8.
In my seed.yaml I have a coverage defined for each of the above areas and a seed that pre-caches each coverage.

Does that make sense? Hope it helps..

Regards,

Benjamin Wragg