[MapProxy] mapproxy-seed - Create OSM like tile

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Sat Feb 25 21:01:04 EST 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to do something similar to Debasish Sahu: transforming maps
from my WMS into tiles visible with openlayers from a plain file system,
using mapproxy.
(Context is this:  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ViaAlpina  )
Currently I'm "seeding" simply by browsing the demo (which I updated for
my WMS URL):
http://localhost:8080/demo/?tms_layer=osm&format=png&srs=EPSG%3A900913

Vertical tile order is incorrect.
Following your suggestions, I tried playing around with y
For instance var y = 2^z - 1 - Math.round ((this.maxExtent.top -
bounds.top) / (res * this.tileSize.h));
but it did not work.
I've tried the dame approach modifying the various examples I found
there,
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/tms.html
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenLayers_Simple_Example

without any success.
Do you have any simple openlayers page that correctly get the /y/ from a
a tms cache?
My mapproxy.yaml is this:

services:
  demo:
  kml:
  tms:
  wms:
    # srs: ['EPSG:4326', 'EPSG:900913']
    # image_formats: ['image/jpeg', 'image/png']
    md:
      # metadata used in capabilities documents
      title: MapProxy WMS Proxy
      abstract: This is the fantastic MapProxy.
      online_resource: http://mapproxy.org/
      contact:
        person: Your Name Here
        position: Technical Director
        organization:
        address: Fakestreet 123
        city: Somewhere
        postcode: 12345
        country: Germany
        phone: +49(0)000-000000-0
        fax: +49(0)000-000000-0
        email: info at omniscale.de
      access_constraints:
        This service is intended for private and evaluation use only.
        The data is licensed as Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike
2.0
        (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/)
      fees: 'None'

layers:
  - name: osm
    title: My OSM WMS
    sources: [osm_cache]
  # - name: osm_full_example
  #   title: Omniscale OSM WMS - osm.omniscale.net
  #   sources: [osm_cache_full_example]

caches:
  osm_cache:
    grids: [GLOBAL_MERCATOR] #, global_geodetic_sqrt2]
    sources: [osm_wms]
    cache:
      type: file
      directory_layout: tms

sources:
  osm_wms:
    type: wms
    req:
      url:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/home/mk/sig/projects/via_alpina_climat_qgis19_v1_extrait.qgs&
      layers: countries,srtm_italy_x4,cities,towns
#       layers: terrain,cities,towns,tracks_VA_MK

grids:
  global_geodetic_sqrt2:
    base: GLOBAL_GEODETIC
    res_factor: 'sqrt2'

globals:
  cache:
    base_dir: './cache_data'
    lock_dir: './cache_data/locks'
  #   # request x*y tiles in one step
  #   meta_size: [4, 4]
  #   # add a buffer on all sides (in pixel) when requesting
  #   # new images
  #   meta_buffer: 80

  # image/transformation options
  image: